What is the Pyrapod?
The Pyrapod is designed to be a habitable structure which can be built and lived in with minimal environmental impact. It uses renewable materials sourced as locally as possible, and can be built with simple hand-tools. In short, the Pyrapod is a low-impact structure for a low-impact way of living, bringing us closer to a more harmonious and respectful relationship with Mother Earth.
What can a Pyrapod be used for?
- An off-grid retreat
- Glamping accommodation
- A creative studio
- Events space – e.g. presentations, or yoga, meditation etc
- A festival stall
What are the advantages of the Pyrapod?
- Built of renewable materials
- Easy to build
- Fast to build
- No foundations required
- Well insulated – cheap to heat
- Very strong and sturdy (triangle-based structure)
- Adaptable – windows and door locations can be chosen by you
- Extendable – any side can be extended into another pyrapod, or other structure
- Inspiring shape – following the cosmic proportions of the Great Pyramid in Egypt